Friday 31 October 2014

Me and Mine {October 2014}

I'm delighted to be joining in for the second time with the Me and Mine linky. I have two special photos this month.

October has been a momentous month for our family: we made the gigantic leap from being a family of three to becoming a foursome on 12th October when our beautiful second son was born.  My first family portrait for this month is the very first photograph of all four of us together, taken in the hospital.  It's just a phone shot, and I look terrible in it, but it means the world to me.


The second of my family portraits was taken ten days later on my husband's birthday, complete with a Colin the Caterpillar Cake. I love the way the candlelight is catching our faces.


It seems so weird that at the beginning of October I was 35 weeks pregnant, just started maternity leave and ready to get some much needed rest before the arrival of our second child.  And now, at the end of the month, I am mummy to two little boys.

October has been so busy; the second half of the month has gone by in a complete blur.  We have experienced such joy, yet such terror.  We now have the most beautiful second little boy to love, but we went through such anguish when he was admitted to hospital with suspected meningitis at 5 days old, something which I will be blogging about in the next few days, when these crazy newborn days give me some more time. 

We also celebrated G's 43rd birthday, and took the Second Boy on his first family outing to pick a pumpkin.

This month, I have loved:

* Kissing my baby's velvety little head over and over again
* Being able to reach to fasten my shoes at last
* Not having to go to work
* Watching my First Boy cuddle my newborn
* Having so much support from G on paternity leave
* Taking photos of my two boys
* tiny baby outfits filling the house with the scent of baby washing powder

G has loved:

* Celebrating his birthday with his two boys
* Terry's Chocolate Orange
* Cuddling the Second Boy on his chest
* feeling proud of his First Boy's reaction to his new brother
* Family Autumn days out

The First Boy has loved:

* Being introduced to playing games on the Wii
* Baby brother being out ('I didn't like him when he was in your tummy, Mummy, but I like him now he's out.')
* Getting his very own box of Guylian chocolates as a present from his new brother
* Learning new songs at pre-school ('I had  a little turtle, his name was Tiny Tim')
* Beans with Sausages on toast
*Stroking his baby brother's head

The Second Boy has loved:

* Mummy's milk
* Doing lots and lots of sleeping
* His comfy Moses basket
* Listening to the sounds of his Daddy's voice
* Being snuggled up tight
* Looking at his black and white baby books

I am really looking forward to life slowing down a little bit and to getting into more of a routine.  October has been amazing for our family but also so stressful.


 
dear beautiful

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations on your new baby boy! What special photographs to have =)

    Casey
    Adore Cherish Love


    ReplyDelete